Jicama, Radish and Mango Salad
photo by averybird
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 medium jicama (about 1 pound)
- 8 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, medium ripe but firm, diced
- boston lettuce leaf, for serving (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 T lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper, oil and shallot.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the ends off of the jicama and peel by cutting top to bottom.
- Make matchstick size pieces out of the jicama and toss with remaining lime juice.
- Just before serving, add jicama, radishes, and mango in bowl with the dressing.
- Toss well to coat.
- Line a serving platter with lettuce leaves, if desired, and pile salad in center.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a very good salad. I enjoyed the smooth mango alongside the crunch of the jicama and radishes. Later I added a few fresh garden strawberries to the mix, and they also went really well in the salad. The only thing I would do differently next time is omit the shallot, as I thought it overpowered the dressing and was very potent. Thanks so much!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Minnesota (brr) and enjoy cooking, reading, and relaxing. My real name is Brianna so feel free to call me by that name. I have just finished my first year of college. Looking forward to cooking over the summer :)</p> <p>Also, if you were wondering about my username that is because whenever I sign up for a site that requires a username this is what I would use (since it is unique and when I first came up with it I was reading Tom Sawyer). I guess I could change it but I haven't.</p>