Jicama and Avocado Salad With Lime Dressing
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
For the dressing
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade or 1 tablespoon lime marmalade
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
For the salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 (1 lb) jicama, halved lengthwise, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 12 nicoise olives
- 1 lime, peeled and diced
- In a jar, mix together first 5 ingredients and then whisk in oil;set aside.
- Line salad bowl (or individual plates) with lettuce leaves.
- Top with tomatoes and jicama slices.
- Add avocado and olives and then top with lime.
- Toss with dressing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>