Jewish Apple Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 4 large eggs, unbeaten
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 large apples, peeled, and sliced
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons sugar, separated (**keep from the other sugar**)
- Beat together until smooth--flour, 2 1/2 cups of sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla, oil, eggs, and juice. Then in a separate bowl, mix apples, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Layer the batter and apples in a greased tube pan.
- **pour some batter--then layer it with apples--then switch back and forth until it is all used up**.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 1 1/2 hours to 1 3/4 hours.
Join The Conversation