Jewels Turkey-Jasmine Burgers
- Ready In:
- 1hr 37mins
- 1 cucumber, peeled, and sliced into thinly sliced rounds
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup steamed cooked jasmine rice
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Thai chiles or 1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely chopped
- Toss cucumbers, onions, rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Let it marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Mix ground turkey, rice, panko, green onions, egg, sesame oil, soy sauce, Thai chile, and sugar very well.
- Make into 4 patties.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Saute burgers until cooked through, approximately 5-6 minutes per side (depending on how thick you make them).
- While burgers are cooking, toast buns, and mix mayonnaise, with wasabi powder, ginger, and lemon peel in a small bowl.
- Drain cucumber salad well.
- Smear 1 tablespoon wasabi mayonnaise on toasted bun halves.
- Spread with a layer of drained cucumber salad, then top with burger, and cover with bun top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love collecting recipes, making recipes and experimenting in the kitchen. I have a huge cookbook collection, and can never have enough recipes. This looks like just the right place to be!