Jessgarfield's Milo Biscuits
These biscuits will make an excellent afternoon tea, with a cup of Milo!
- Ready In:
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 (60 g) eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup nestle milo
- 1⁄4 cup chopped milo cereal (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180*. Grease oven trays.
- Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric beater until creamy.
- Add egg and beat until well combined.
- Fold in flour and Milo. Add Milo cereal pieces.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on oven trays, about 4cm apart. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm, or cooled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These cookies ticked all the boxes. Easy preparation, attractive presentation, drop-dead flavour and compliments till the cow came home. To sum up: an awesome keeper of a recipe. Though when I made them the ingredients as listed produced nearly 100 cookies and I only needed to cook each tray for 5 minutes to produce soft-inside/crisp-outside cookies or 6 minutes for crisp-English-style-biscuits. Thank you.
Jess these are really yummy. I made a batch up for Amber to take to parents morning tea at pre-school tomorrow. Mine turned out crunchy on the outside and soft in the centres, just how I like them. To stop the fork from sticking when I flattened the biscuits I heated the fork up in a cup of very hot water, then dried with a towel then pressed into the biscuit mix, repeating for each biscuit. This was a trick I learnt from my Grandmother years ago. Thanks for posting - I will use this recipe often :-)