Jerusalem Artichoke Gratin
photo by Barb G.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb jerusalem artichoke (Sunchokes)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (or more) or 1/2 cup padano cheese (or more)
- Scrub the sunchokes and slice into 1/4 thick slices.
- In a 13-inch-x-9-inch a baking dish, add melted butter.
- Arrange the sliced chokes in casserole so that they overlap slightly.
- Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- If Using: Mix together onions & green onions; sprinkle over chokes.
- Sprinkle with Parmeasn chesse.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden crust begins to form on top.
- Remove from from oven, cover with release foil and let set for about 5 minutes before serving.
- The Jerusalem Artichokes should be slightly crunchy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hello Barb; I now have made this recipe 3 times and each time it gets better. I added several more items to it: granulated garlic powder, coarse black pepper, dried dill weed (the latest addition) finely chopped onions. Your recipe really got me anxious to make. I made it for a function and it went over so big that some were using a spatula to clean up any bits and pieces left in the casserole dish. Thank you so much for your original posting. Made some again last nite. I have quite a large patch of Jerusalem Artichokes and they are so good. Dig them out as I need. Thanks so very much. "Uncle Bill"