Jerk Turkey Slow Cooker Soup from Weight Watchers
This is a great soup recipe I found on WeightWatchers.com. It's very simple to make and has only 3 POINTS per serving!
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 30mins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 lb skinless boneless turkey breast, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 14 1⁄2 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups canned chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- Combine allspice, cayenne, ginger, garlic salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add turkey and toss to coat; set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place turkey in a 5-quart slow cooker; add any spices remaining in bowl. Add garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, broth, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of pepper; stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro; let sit for 5 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this on the stove rather than in the slow cooker. I had to double the amount of spice in the rub in order to get all the turkey in contact, and so that's probably where I went wrong. It was so hot I could hardly eat it, although my boyfriend thought it was fine. Either that, or the chilies in the canned tomatoes in Texas are way too hot! Will try serving the leftovers on rice to cool it down.Reply
My family loved this soup... I have to make double next time.. it wasn't enough... my 9 year old asked for second 10 seconds after tasting. He couldn't stop saying.. "this is so good". The only thing i omitted was the cayenne pepper to make it more kid friendly. Other than that I followed the recipe to the T. I will make it again soon so that I can have some extra to keep for me for the week. It will be great as a warm snack only 3 points for 1 1/2 cup its so great. Thanks, AllyReply
see 24 more