- Ready In:
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro
- 1 ounce fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 scotch bonnet pepper
- 3 scallions, roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 -2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs mussels, cleaned and debearded (discard any mussels that do not close when firmly tapped)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the oil, mussels, tomatoes and lemon, into a food processor and blend to a rough paste. Loosen the mixture by mixing in a bit of vegetable or sunflower oil.
- Heat a wok until smoking, then add the paste. Fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the mussels and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that remain closed. Stir in the chopped tomatoes.
- To serve, pile the mussels into a large bowl and serve with lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)