Jeanne's Tossed Salad With Italian Dressing
photo by Parsley
- Ready In:
- 1 head lettuce, any kind,washed,dried,cored,hand torn
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, thinly sliced or diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped or sliced
- 1⁄2 cup good quality olive, pitted
- 2 tomatoes, sliced or wedged
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix together dressing in a blender and chill well until serving time; prep and chill the remaining salad ingredients, covered, in a separate decorative bowl.
- Before serving toss together all salad ingredients and serve with dressing on the side.
- You may have extra dressing left over.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!