Jasper Lodge Voyageur Stew
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 lbs venison, in 1 inch cubes (or beef)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups potatoes, diced, skin on
- 2 cups turnips, diced
- 1 cup green onion, cut into small rounds
- 4 cups venison stock (or beef)
- In a pan heat the oil, add the venison and cook until the pieces are cooked on all sides.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Then stir in the maple syrup, and continue to cook for at least 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, turnips and green onions and cook.
- Add stock, salt, and pepper, and simmer for one hour or until tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The picanço-barreteiro (woodland shrike) is the Portguese Society for the Study of Birds "bird of the year" for 2009. ======================================= <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/zwtbanner-small-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif">