Japanese Vinegared Cucumbers
This is in response to a request. It is from "The Complete Asian Cookbook" by Charmaine Solomon. It does require that it marinates a while before serving. There is no real cook time involved.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 green cucumber
- 3 tablespoons mild vinegar (rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Peel and slice in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Combine all other ingredients and marinate cucumber in the seasonings for at least 1 hour.
- Serve as a side salad or relish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 30 more