- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 4 carrots, cut in matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large broccoli, cut bite size
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup shoyu
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut all of the meat and veggies, so they are ready to cook. I find that cutting the chicken while it is still half frozen makes it much easier!
- Start your rice in a rice cooker or on the stove. The cooking time for the dinner is equivalent to the cooking time for rice.
- Using a wok or large frying pan, heat sesame oil over medium-high. Add in the garlic. When the oil starts to sizzle, add in the shoyu, vinegar, mirin, sugar, and ginger. Mix well.
- Add chicken. Cook until there is no pink at all. Chicken will have a rich brown color from the sauce.
- Add in the veggies and cook until the rice is done.
- If I am cooking for people who do not like crunchy veggies, I will steam all the veggies together in a separate pot while the chicken is cooking, then add the steamed veggies in with the chicken once it is cooked.
- Serve over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation