Japanese Clear Onion Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from the Chirpy blog. It's a take on those served in the Japanese steak restaurants.
- Ready In:
- 2 onions (diced)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 celery ribs (diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- splash soy sauce
- sriracha sauce
- Sauté the onions in a pot in a little bit of oil until slightly browned.
- Add the carrot, celery, and garlic and 6 cups of vegetable broth.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strain the veggies from the broth and add the mushrooms and scallions before serving.
- Serve with soy sauce and sriracha sauce to add for additional flavor.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION