Japanese Broiled Mackerel (Or Salmon or Tuna)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Got this from a friend in a recipe exchange - the sauce is amazing!
- Ready In:
- 4 mackerel fillets (can substitute salmon or tuna)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- Rinse fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, mix the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, and ginger. Place fillets in marinade and let stand for at least 20 minutes and up to overnight (cover properly for food safety).
- Preheat your oven's broiler and broil the fillets, basting occasionally, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5-8 minutes. Serve with a lemon slice or long white radish slices as a garnish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION