photo by Fairy Nuff
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Fry the onions until soft, and mix with julienned potatoes.
- Chop anchovy fillets finely, and keep the anchovy juices.
- In a shallow oven dish, put in a thin layer of potato onion mixture, followed by some anchovies. Repeat until you have used everything, ending up with a potato layer on top.
- Mix the cream with the anchovy juices and pour on the dish.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour.
- Before serving, top with fresh dill.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty! I fell in love with Jansenin Kiusaus in 1980 as an exchange student in Finland. It was such a delight to re-visit those old memories. The recipe is perfect--though, yeah, I think next time I will indeed improvise a little--with shredded carrot, parmesan cheese, and perhaps a little less heavy cream.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After living in England for seven years, we moved to Vancouver Canada end of 2004. Culinaristically the journey couldn't have been much longer - I've discovered the joy of cooking and baking all over here. Recipezaar is giving a brand new way of doing this - and makes husband happy too.