Jammie Dodgers (Jam Sandwich Cookies)
- Ready In:
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g plain flour (sifted with cornstarh)
- 25 g cornstarch (sifted with flour)
- seedless raspberry jam (thicker is better)
- Cream the butter and sugar togerther until pale and fluffy, then stir in flour and cornstarch to form a dough, adding more flour if necessary.
- Chill the dough wrapped in cling film for 20 minutes, then roll out to about 5mm thick (I find it easier to do this between two sheets of cling film or greaseproof baking paper).
- Cut out 12 rounds (about 2 1/2 inch), then cut a smaller heart shape (ot circle if you can't find a cutter) in the centre, about an inch in size. Re-roll dough if needed using the scraps to make 12 more 2 1/2 inch rounds.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack. When cooled, sandwich together with a little bit of warmed jam and sprinkle with a bit of sugar of you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name's Fi, I'm 23 and I'm at uni atm in my final year studying Philosophy and Literature. I love reading and writing, and hope to do a postgrad course in Folklore and Creative Writing. I'm kind of obsessed with fairy tales, especially Hans Christian Andersen, and I'm a total Harry Potter geek! I love cooking, and I'm also kind of a health freak so I like adapting recipes to make them more healthy, although I love to cook food for other people too. I don't really eat dairy (I had an intolerance when I was younger), and have recently developed a reaction to wheat so I like being creative with what I cook! <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">