Jamie Oliver's Butternut Squash Muffins
From jamie at home television series - he also has a frosting for these on his website, but I love them just plain. http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/jamie-oliver/butternut-squash-muffins-with-a-frosty-top-recipe_p_1.html
- Ready In:
- 400 g butternut squash or 400 g acorn squash, skin on, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 350 g light brown sugar
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 300 g flour, unsifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, heaping
- 75 g walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 175 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Place squash in blender/food processor and finely chop.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender/food processor and process until combined.
- Fill muffin tin with mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I thought that the flavor of these muffins was excellent but the texture was a bit odd. Very smooth, although I did not add nuts. They also sunk a little after baking. My 3 year old daughter loves them. Anything to get her to eat more vegetables! I will try this recipe again and maybe do a few tweaks.Reply
see 1 more