James Beard's Raspberry Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Light and Easy Meals, one of our James Beard's favorites.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup fresh raspberry
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken breasts; cook 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add water and shallots.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add raspberry vinegar to skillet; bring to boiling and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken stock.
- Simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
- Return chicken to pan, turning to coat well.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 10 minutes.
- Arrange chicken pieces on a warm serving platter; pour sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with raspberries and chopped chives.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent! I made this for dinner last night and everyone loved it. I had fresh raspberries, tomatoes and chives from the garden and I used raspberry balsamic vinegar. The only thing added is a few tablespoons of olive oil to the butter to cook the chicken and then I split the chicken breasts (they were huge) after cooking them. This is on my new favorite list... just wish I had more raspberries left in the garden!Reply