James Beard's Curried Pea Soup
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 stalk celery & leaves, sliced
- 1 medium potato, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- Into a small saucepan put peas, onion, carrot, garlic, celery, potato, salt, curry, and 1 cup of the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Empty vegetables and liquid into container of liquid blender, or use imersion blender, and blend for 6 seconds.
- Remove cover and with motor on, add remaining cup of chicken broth and the cream.
- Heat over simmering water, or chill and serve cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Realtor in both Louisiana and Mississippi Cooking destresses me.