This is a Creole meal with a healthy twist.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb deveined shrimp
- 2 turkey sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) box zatarain's jambalaya mix or (8 ounce) box creole rice mix
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (48 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- chili pepper
- black pepper
- Use oil to cook meats starting with chicken (cook fully), then sausage, last shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp is almost pink and season with chili pepper, black pepper and chopped veggies.
- Follow directions on back of Zatarain's box, mix in stewed tomatoes.
- Cook until rice is tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I used this recipe as an idea to make my own version of Jambalaya. I first sauteed onions and green peppers in oil before adding 1 cubed up chicken breast, and some sliced smoked sausage. I then added a can of diced tomatoes with garlic and a can of chicken broth and brought to a boil before adding the box of Zaatarain's Jambalaya mix. When the rice was almost tender, I added the shrimp, about half of a beer (because I thought it needed more liquid), some worchestershire sauce, and some hot sauce. So simple with great results.