Jamaican Hibiscus Iced Tea
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup hibiscus fresh edible flower, dried
- 1⁄4 cup sugar cane, raw
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1⁄8 cup white sugar (or to tast)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 lime, thinly sliced (garnish)
- Becareful -- Hibiscus has the potential to stain just about anything it comes in contact with. Pick a pot that won't stain.
- In an old pot bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Remove the pot from heat and add the dried flowers and sugar.
- Steep with the lid on for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Make sure sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer into pitcher. Becareful not to spill, it will stain. Add 1 1/2 cups of cold water and lime juice to the pitcher.
- Taste and if necessary adjust, sugar or water as needed to sweeten or to weaken the flavor.
- Cool completely on counter, chill and serve in large glasses with plenty of ice and garnished with a lime slice.
- Cooling and Chilling time is not included.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.