Jam/Jelly Filled Butter Cookies
photo by CoffeeB
- Ready In:
- IF USING SELF-RISING FLOUR REDUCE THE BAKING SODA TO 1/4 TEASPOON AND OMIT THE SALT.
- Beat together the shortening and butter.
- Beat in sugars well, then beat in the egg.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Shape the dough into two rolls 1 1/4" in diameter, sealing well in waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Slice dough into 1/8" thick disks.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of jam/jelly on half the slices, keep it in the center of the disk.
- Top each disk with another slice and bake. You can sprinkle these with sugar for a crunchier cookie (optional).
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Store in an air tight container once the cookies have cooled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe makes for a great soft buttery type cookie that is sure to please most people. There are so many varieties of jams/jelly's that you could add to this recipe depending on preference/taste. I used both strawberry and raspberry jam/preserves. The strawberry was home-made and so it was a bit more runny than the raspberry which was Smuckers. thanks for a great recipe and cookie that's oh-so-good. Made for Breast Cancer Awareness Month-October's "ThinkPink" tag game~