Jalapeno Roast Chicken
photo by Susan C.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1⁄2 cup fresh oregano
- 1 shallot
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 1/2 lb) whole chickens
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine oregano, shallot, garlic, butter, olive oil, the jalapeno and pepper in a food processor and mix until until it's a paste.
- Pat the chicken dry and place breast-side up on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Carefully loosen the skin from the chicken breast, legs and thighs without detaching it (I had to use a small knife at some points, but do so carefully so you don't accidentally pierce the skin.
- Spread about 1/2 of the jalapeno paste under the skin.
- Tie the legs together and spread the rest of the paste on the outside of the chicken.
- Pour the chicken broth and wine into the roasting pan.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hours 30 minutes (or until fully cooked), while basting with pan juices every 15-20 minutes. If the juices start to run out, add more chicken broth and wine to the pan.
- ***Optional*** After the chicken was finished, we poured a little of the juices from the pan on the chicken after it was cut and plated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!