Jalapeno Poppers - Williams Sonoma
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 18 jalapeno peppers, large
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- In fry pan over medium high heat, warm olive oil.
- Add onions, season with salt and cook until onion is soft and translucent, 6-8 minutes.
- Add chorizo and cook, crumbling with the back of a wooden spoon, until meat is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer chorizo mixture to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool to room temperature.
- Prepare a grill for indirect grilling over medium high heat.
- Cut 1/4 inch of top of each jalapeno pepper.
- Using a thin knife, hollow out centers of peppers, removing seeds and ribs; do not cut through the flesh (I got a special tool from WS to make this easier).
- Transfer chorizo mixture to small bowl, add cheese and stir to combine.
- Using fingers stuff the center of each pepper with 1-2 tablespoons of chorizo mixture, pressing it down to fill the entire pepper.
- Place filled peppers upright in the pepper roaster. (any lefover filling can be used for nachos or scrambled eggs).
- Place pepper roaster on grill over indirect heat, cover grill and roast until peppers are tender, 20-30 minutes.
- To test for doneness, insert a paring knife into the side of pepper; it it pierces easily the peppers are done. Interios peppers will be more crisp than those alonge the outside of roaster.
- Transfer roaster to a platter and serve poppers immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"