Mexican Jalapeno Poppers
Battered and baked poppers. Low in calories, great taste. Terrific for parties.
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese and mayo.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds (you might want to wear gloves to do this as the juice and seeds can cause irritation).
- Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture.
- Place egg substitute in shallow dish. Place panko in separate shallow dish.
- Dip stuffed jalapeno half in egg substitute and then roll in panko to coat.
- Transfer jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve Hot.
- Poppers can be prepared a day in advance and placed on a covered baking sheet in the fridge. Cook as directed when ready to eat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more