Jalapeno Popper Meatloaf
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons diced jalapenos (more or less, depending on taste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 sleeve low-fat Ritz crackers, crushed to a breadcrumb consistency
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- If needed, place the cream cheese in a bowl and soften it in the microwave wtih 10-15 second increments.
- Combine: cream cheese, chili powder, cumin, onion flakes, and jalepeno.
- Add cream cheese mixture to the ground turkey and combine.
- Add: eggs, onion soup mix, cracker crumbs, and ketchup and mix to a uniform consistency.
- Place in a loaf pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Ultra-tasty, and I gave it a 5-star rating. My husband, who absolutely hates meatloaf, and automatically gives it a -30-stars actually liked it, and gave this version 3 stars, and had seconds! I won't be able to do this recipe more than a few times a year (that would really be pushing my luck), but at least I'll be able to make it when I'm craving meatloaf.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a beginner cook with very little counter space! But I LOVE to eat!