Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
From Closet Cooking Blog Site. Since it takes extra effort to blister the jalapeno peppers, which can also be done in a toaster oven, prepare several and refrigerate for additional sandwiches.
- Ready In:
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 2 slices sourdough bread or 2 slices other hearty bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded (or slice)
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crushed (optional but adds crunch)
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down. Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 8-14 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes. Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily “pinch” off.
- Assemble sandwich by spreading the cream cheese on the inside of one piece of bread. Layer with roasted jalapeno peppers and shredded cheese. Top with the second bread slice and spread with the softened butter the outersides of the bread slices. Sprinkle over both sides with crushed chips.
- Preheat a skillet and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation