Jalapeno Popper Cupcakes
photo by buiscutmaker
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 12 jalapeno peppers, large, with seeds AND ribs removed (unless you LOVE the heat!)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon or 12 regular sliced bacon
- Bake or fry your bacon to a little less than done. Crumble in large pieces and set aside.
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Cut Jalapenos in half, remove seeds and ribs with a small spoon. Then cut them into small pieces.
- In a large bow, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and chopped jalapenos. mix them well. I have to use my hands sometimes, as this is some thick.
- Spray 2 large cupcake baking pans with oil.
- place two won tons wraps in each cupcake holder opposite of each other so you have 8 corners facing you.
- Fill each won ton and distribute evenly, about half full. Then add bacon to the top of each one.
- Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown. You can cook half the time with al foil on top as to not burn the tips of the won tons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!