Jalapeno-cheese Cornbread (low-fat)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 package artificial sweetener
- 1 cup buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Spray muffin tin with Pam.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add corn, cheese, jalapeno and stir to distribute.
- Add buttermilk and beaten egg.
- Mix just until combined and moistened.
- Pour into muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 min or until brown on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello everyone, My name is Paula, I'm 40 years old, married 18 yrs. and have 3 children, 1 bird and Rocky the ferret. I love them all. I also love to cook and look and new and different recipes. I am in college full time working on my bachelors degree in Nursing Science. Hope you enjoy my recipes and I would love to hear what you think about them or just to share a recipe with me. Bye for now, your fellow food lover.