Jalapeno-Bacon Corn Bread
This corn bread is so moist and flavorful. It reheats beautifully in the microwave.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Cook bacon in frying pan until crispy; drain on paper towels.
- Pour 2 Tblsp. of bacon grease into 9 inch cast iron skillet or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Crumble bacon into small bowl;add green onions and peppers.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- Beat egg slightly in medium bowl; add yogurt and whisk until smooth. Whisk in milk and butter.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Stir in bacon mixture.
- Pour into skillet or baking pan; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- Cut into wedges or squares; serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION