Jalapeño Popper Cheeseburgers
- Ready In:
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 potato buns
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup dill pickle
- Skillet, Stove top grill pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a small grill pan over medium high heat. Grill jalapeno peppers until charred, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool slightly, then remove stems and seeds and chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, salt, granulated garlic, granulated onion and black pepper. Divide into 8 equal balls.
- On a clean work surface, flatten the balls into thin patties. Place about 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese into the center of 4 patties patty, then top with 1-2 teaspoons chopped jalapenos. Top with remaining 4 patties and close the beef around the cheese and seal to make smooth, completely enclosing the cheese and jalapenos into the center. Flatten burgers into uniform patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Fry burgers on one side until lightly charred, about 4 minutes. Flip burgers and transfer skillet to oven. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until burgers are cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Serve burgers on potato buns with lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!