My DH was in Germany when he was in the army and he loves German food. This recipe comes from a very well known restaurant in Portland, Oregon called the Rheinlander. I have substituted chicken for veal.
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts, 4 oz each, slices
- 1 cup mushroom, cleaned, washed, and sliced very thinly
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- flour, to coat chicken
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 tablespoons red wine, for deglazing
- Pound chicken out very thin.
- Season with salt and pepper, drench with flour.
- Place oil in skillet and saute the chicken on both sides to a golden brown.
- Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add a little oil to the skillet with the shallots.
- Saute until they take color.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add thyme and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Add red wine and cook for a minute or two.
- Add sour cream ( you can use heavy cream).
- Let it cook into a creamy sauce.
- Pour this on top of the chicken and serve with rice or noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 11 more