Jaeger Schnitzel (Spaetzle Sauce)
photo by calrunnergirl
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot (or onion if you can't find shallots)
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 2 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Melt butter.
- Saute shallots until clear.
- Toss in mushrooms until mushrooms are sautéed.
- Place flour in a separate bowl, slowly whisk in beef broth. Adding wet to dry helps prevent lumps.
- Pour beef broth mixture into mushroom pan boil for 5-10 minutes until thickened, stir fairly often so it doesn't stick.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used this recipe with a schnitzel recipe I also found on this site to suprise my b/f with easter dinner German Style lol. According to him this was pretty accurate and I loved the taste over schnitzel and spaetzle. It's easy to do, taste great and wasn't all that high calorie as far as sauces go...it's become a staple
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Black Labs, Baseball, Craft beer, Music, Red wine, Coffee, Dreaming of having my own garden.