Jack-O'-Lantern Cheeseburger Pie
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided use
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- red food coloring
- yellow liquid food coloring
- Cook first 5 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce; cool.
- Unfold 1 piecrust, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread mustard evenly over crust. Stir together meat mixture and 2 cups cheese; spoon onto center of crust, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Unfold remaining piecrust, and cut out a jack-o'-lantern face, reserving pastry cutouts to use as a stem. Place crust over meat mixture; crimp edges of crust, and fold under. Place stem on top of jack-o'-lantern face.
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons water, egg, and 1 drop each of red and yellow food coloring; brush over crust.
- Bake at 425*F (220*C) for 20 minutes; remove from oven, and brush again with egg mixture. Fill eyes, nose, and mouth with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 9 more reviews