Italian Wedding Soup (Vegetarian)
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, skin on
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup spinach
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup pasta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. For the BROTH: Boil water. Put the onion, carrot, celery and in the water. Simmer for 30-60 minute
- 2. For the MEATBALLS: Put all meatball ingredients in a bowl and combine thoroughly. Form little balls and put on and un-greased baking sheet. Stick in the oven for 10 min or until slightly crispy.
- 3. In the last 10 minute of the simmer, add the spinach and pasta to the water. Cooking the pasta in the broth will give the pasta more flavor.
- 4. Add the 'meatballs' to the broth and cook for five minute.
- 5. Take out the onion and chop it. Use half to put in the soup. Save the other half. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!