Italian Wedding Soup
photo by Jeremy S.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs gordon food service italian meatballs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 peeled carrots, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- 64 -128 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 ounce Baby Spinach, chopped into large pieces
- 16 ounces ditalini
- Add celery, carrots, onions, and garlic to an 8 or 12 quart stock pot. Saute for about 20 minutes.
- Add 64 oz of broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- In a separate pot, cook the pasta as instructed on the box. Drain and set aside.
- Add the crushed bullion cubes. If you add them whole, they will not dissolve.
- Add the spinach and meatballs. Simmer until the spinach is cooked down and soft.
- Add the cooked ditalini. Add additional broth to your liking. Simmer for 20 minutes and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!