Italian Style Crock Pot Pork Loins
photo by morgainegeiser
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1 inch (if desired you can pound to 1/2 inch thick)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used 2 4 ounce cans of mushroom stems and pieces)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced thin
- garlic powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Lightly sprinkle each side of pork chop with garlic powder.
- In a non-stick skillet, brown chops on each side.
- Combine mushrooms and onions in crock pot.
- Add browned chops in a single layer over mushroom and onions.
- In a small bowl, mix together sauce ingredients.
- Pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours (7 hours for bone-in chops) or until meat is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was good and very easy to put together in the morning before leaving for work. It is made with ingredients I normally have on hand. I made as directed except I didn't add the parsley and the lemon. I also used canned mushrooms. This was different for us but we enjoyed it. I used bone in chops but they were so tender they fell off the bone! I also used 8 chops but did not increase any of the other ingredients and there was still plenty of sauce.
I have made something similar to this with country ribs and spaghetti sauce. I just braise them on the stovetop in a Dutch oven. I tried this recipe for the crockpot and it worked WONDERFULLY! I have been lucky enough to hit some great sales on pre-made sauce lately so I used a jar of spaghetti sauce and added canned mushrooms, the onions, and chopped up fresh parsley, rosemary, oregano and thyme. The pork fell apart and was just awesome. I think the acid in the tomatoes breaks down the meat, that must be why it just falls apart the way it does. I served it with a side of Orzo with steamed spinach and it was a really great meal!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I haven't been here for a long time, MY recipes aren't up for adoption. :) And don't change any of them either. ;)