Italian Sausage Skillet Dinner
An easy dinner with Italian sausage, peppers and potatoes. Great served with Italian or French bread.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage in 1 T olive oil; remove from skillet.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet and saute peppers and onions for 5 minutes; remove from skillet.
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, fennel seed and water to skillet; simmer over medium heat, covered, about 5 minutes.
- Return sausage, peppers and onions to skillet and mix well. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sausage is done and potatoes are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more