Italian Sausage in Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup chablis
- 1 lb mushroom, fresh and sliced
- Saute Italian sausage for a few minutes in olive oil - just long enough to seal it or firm it up.
- Remove sausage and let cool.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in the skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add sausage and cook for 1 hour on low heat.
- Serve as a hot appetizer.
- You may wish to be cautious with the wine at first.
- Some may find 1 cup too much.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good way to cook sausages. I just used a good red wine as I didn't have the specified chablis. I don't know how spicy American tomato sauce is, but I used stewed tomatoes to which I added sauteed onion, garlic, bay, and some garlic and basil. Hope that's a fairly close approximation. Served pan-fried potatoes on the side and this was a very comforting meal.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am one of the early members of Zaar joining in October 2001. It was instantly my favorite site even though there were only about 5000 recipes. Back then the original owners Troy and Gay ran the site and they had a lot of interaction with the members. I miss them. <br /> <br />Through the years it still remains to this day my favorite go to site and the one that I send all of my friends and family to when they need anything.</p> 8724616"