Italian Sausage and White Beans
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Cooking Light 2003
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans or (19 ounce) can other white beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add sausage, and cook 8 minutes, or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in oregano and remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am a Cooking Light fan so when I see a recipe from there, I look at it carefully. This did not disappoint. I was looking for a simple supper with white beans. Who doesn't like Italian sausage too? This went together so quick. The only thing I did different was add about 1/2 cup water to rinse the tomato can so there was a bit more liquid as it seemed a little dry. It was perfect and I served it with rustic herb bread. Not a bean was left after my son and husband finished eating. My son is particular and not a "bean eater" but he said make that again soon. Thanks for posting.Reply