Italian Sausage and Broccoli Quiche
A delicious Italian version of an old breakfast favorite. I recommend using the "Italian blend" cheese that is sold pre-shredded in the bag..Sargento makes a good one. If your store doesn't carry that, use a combo of mozzarella, provolone, and parmesan cheeses--1 cup worth.
- Ready In:
- 2 mild Italian sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, thawed and chopped small
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (see above)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 9 inches pie crusts
- Fry the sausage links in a skillet. When cooked through, slice thinly and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and rosemary in a bowl.
- Mix in the sausage, broccoli and cheese, stirring til all ingredients are coated.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.