Italian Penne Saporito
- Ready In:
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) box penne pasta (I use smart taste pasta, it's healthier)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1 slice bacon, raw, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (I use the ones with oregano, garlic, and basil)
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 ounces dry parmesan cheese
- Boil the water for the pasta adding 1 tsp oil to keep it from boiling over when you are cooking the pasta. Cook the pasta until slightly less done than you would like it. Thaw spinach in microwave if it is still frozen.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tsp oil to a large nonstick skillet or any large pan you have available over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, bacon, onion, garlic, seasoning salt, worcestershire sauce, and italian seasoning and cook turkey, breaking it up as you go along until it is thoroughly cooked.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil. Meanwhile, ring spinach out to get all of the moisture you can out of it. Chop finely.
- Drain pasta and add to mixture along with spinach. Continue to simmer until pasta and spinach are tender.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and serve (with additional cheese if desired).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi I am a new mom. I have a 10 week old Daughter named Annabelle who is the love of my life right after my husband Darin who is in the USAF. I have no formal training but I was a cook at the officer's club on base for over a year and I learned a lot and loved it. My favorite cookbook is the joy of cooking. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">