Italian Pasta Salad With Fresh Vegetables
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 lb tri-color spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, coarsely diced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb hard salami or 1/2 lb pepperoni, diced
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese or 1/2 lb provolone cheese, diced
- pepperoncini peppers (optional) or other hot pepper (optional)
Optional Veggies (use any or all)
- snow peas (optional)
- snap peas (optional)
- green peas (optional)
- broccoli (raw or blanched) (optional)
- cauliflower (raw or blanched) (optional)
- carrot (shredded or sliced) (optional)
- green beans (raw or blanched) (optional)
- lima beans (cooked and cooled) (optional)
- garbanzo beans (cooked and cooled) (optional)
- mushroom (fresh or canned) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all salad ingredients and any optional veggies in a large bowl.
- Put all dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix vigorously with a whisk or fork to make sure that the anchovy paste is thoroughly blended inches.
- Toss salad with dressing and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Taste and correct seasonings if necessary. If the pasta has soaked up too much dressing make a little more.
- There should be a tang too it, maybe even a bite. If it seems bland make more dressing but don't overwhelm the fresh, bright flavor of the veggies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!