photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 1hr 8mins
- 500 g minced steak or 500 g ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce or 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 200 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 10 basil leaves
- extra tomato sauce (optional) or pasta sauce (optional)
- Combine mince, egg, breadcrumbs, sauce, parsley, onion and garlic. Mix well to combine.
- Lightly press half the mixture into the base of a foil-lined 10x20cm loaf tin.
- Top with tomatoes, cheese & basil.Lightly press remaining mince mixture over this and smooth top.
- Bake at 200.C for about 1 hour or until cooked through.
- About 10 mins before the end of coooking you can spread some extra sauce on top if you like.
- Remove from tin & serve sliced with vegies or salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Three if us devoured 3/4 of this delicious meatloaf. I used a Jensens Basil and Tomato Pasta Sauce with fresh sweet basil from the garden but forgot to add the parsley. I only used one tomato though a large one because that was all I had and used two layers of mozzarella (which was about 150grams from a 250 grams block of fresh mozzarella), the 1/4 cup of pasta sauce I mixed with the mince and used extra in the last 10 minutes. A great stuffed/layered meatloaf. Thank you **Mandy**, made for Edition 8 - Make My Recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Melbourne I live on a 5 acre property in the Dandenong Ranges Victoria, Australia, having moved from the burbs when I became pregnant with my now 15 year old daughter Alyssa. Once my daughter was born I became a stay at home mum as I couldn't bear the thought of putting her in daycare. She is the light of my life, I never imagined myself as a mum when younger but now wouldn't have it any other way. Alyssa was made a big sister on the 19th April 2010 when our cheeky little boy Blake was born. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes so quickly become addicted to Zaar as it was previously known & still use it regularly. In addition to being my kids taxi :lol: I also spend my time, reading, gardening and of course shopping. I'm lucky enough that we have the space & so love growing our own fruits, vegies & herbs, this also means we have plenty of room for animals & at the moment have 2 dogs, Max, a Jackshund who's 6, Fletcher, a Kelpie who's 4, 6 cats Snowpea, Fergus, Ginger, Tango, Annie & Cookie, 4 chooks & 2 Ducks. As well as our pets, we also have a lot of native animals around our area, we have kangaroos, wombats, echidna's, possums as well as rosella's, galah's & Cockatoo's hence the name of where I live..