Italian Meatballs Pat's Reciepe
photo by krissweety
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground meat
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, Seasoned
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, Low Sodium or 2 tablespoons Italian sauce, prepared
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil, if Frying, for frying
- 1. In a large bowl mix: ground meat, garlic powder, black pepper, italian seasoning, parsley, onions, seasoned bread crumbs, ketchup/or sauce, green pepper, and 1 egg.
- 2. Mix the meat and other ingredients, by hand until well blended. Then roll into approximately 15 meatballs(2" in diameter) or for more meatballs make them smaller.
- 3. Then add directly into your sauce, make sure all meatballs are submerged under the sauce. Cook in sauce and stir ocassionally until they reach 165 degrees, approximately 2 hours.
- **Continue to next step if you prefer to fry them up a little first.
- 5. In a large frying pan, add the olive oil and heat. After heated about 1 minute drop in your meatballs and turn with a fork and cook till browned on all sides.
- 6. Add meatballs and brown on all sides. Then set them aside on a paper towel to drain off some of the fat. Repeat until all meatballs are browned.
- 7. Then add them into your sauce cooking them approximately 1 1/2 hours. Until they reach 165 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me. I love to cook, it's my quiet creations moments. I just get excited when people love my food. It's my distraction from all the chaos in the world. I guess in part it's coming to terms that the most important people in my life, shall never be hungry again.