Italian Meatballs in the Crock Pot
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
3 dozen meatballs
- In bowl, beat egg with salt, seasoning, red pepper flakes and garlic.
- Add chopped onion, beef, pork, bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Mix well.
- Shape into 1 ½” balls.
- Place meatballs in 5 qt or larger crock pot.
- In same bowl, mix tomato sauce with wine and pour over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low til meatballs are no longer pink in the middle, 5-6 hours.
- Great on pasta, or on a bun as a sandwich, topped with parmesan and/or mozzarella.
It is great, I made medium sized meatballs and got about 3 dozen. I bought dinner rolls and used them as subs. They worked out perfectly for a small side dish. Next time, I will add some italian seasoning to the tomato sauce and a little less wine. I think it would be a little better if the sauce was a little thicker. I may even try adding canned tomatoes.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I firmly believe everything tastes better when you had nothing to do with the preparation or clean up. <br /><br />I used to have a few favorite cookbooks, but this site has easily replaced them....I love the ease of searching for exactly what I need and the feature of seeing what others have rated the particular recipe. <br /><br />I'm a mother to 2 kids. I stay at home and provide childcare so I can be with them during the day. <br /><br />For fun I enjoy reading, shopping & movies, as well as getting together with friends & family for games & cards. LOVE to travel when the $ is available. BIG into Jimmy Buffett.</p>