Italian Meatballs in Sauce
Delicious Italian meatballs with plenty of flavor. Great for serving at parties or as a home meal with spaghetti or submarine bread as a sandwich.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup ground parmesan cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- olive oil
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large mixing bowl use hands to combine the meats, eggs, bread crumbs, 2 tbsp of the garlic powder, Italian seasoning , seasoning salt, milk, parmesan cheese, ¾ of parsley, ¾ of the onions and ¾ green peppers. Set aside the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
- After the meat mixture is well blended. Preheat the oven at 250°. Form the meat into 50 (1.5 inch) balls. Placed them on a slightly grease large cooking pan. Be sure that none of the balls are touching. Put them I the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile take the remaining vegetables, and Sauté them in some olive oil.
- In a pot mixed together the pasta sauce, water, sauté veggies and remaining parsley and garlic powder. Cook on high until meatballs are out of the oven. (I poured the water in the empty sauce jar before putting it in the pot to get all the sauce out.).
- Place meatballs in the pot. Cook on medium. Stir occasionally for 45 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with noodles and or topped with mozzarella cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION