Italian Infused Oil
Cooking time is infusion time.
- Ready In:
- 336hrs 5mins
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 strip lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 large fresh basil sprig, bruised
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place herbs and spices in the bottle.
- Add warm oil.
- Cover and let stand for 2 weeks.
- Taste the oil. If the flavor isn't strong enough, add more flavorings. You may leave the herbs in the oil or strain them out. Once the oil is infused, keep it in the refrigerator. It may get cloudy from the cold, but should clear up when it reaches room temperature. The oil should last, refrigerated, for up to 1 month.
- Optionally if you are in a hurry to make this herb you may use a crockpot. Put all ingredients in crock and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours. Cool and bottle.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation