Italian Hummus with Pesto
A combination of two of our favorite things....hummus and pesto. You can add extra pesto if you really like it, but I prefer a "lighter" taste in this dip
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce (or more if you really like basil)
- Drain one can of beans, and put beans in food processor.
- Partially drain second can of beans, and add with remaining ingredients to the food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Serve with crunchy bread sticks or a good chewy french bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Fabulous! This was terrific! And extremely easy to make ... I used Trader Joe's bottled Genovese pesto, but I could easily see making a small batch of my own for this. The flavors blended beautifully, and it's lovely that (depending on what pesto you use) it's not as high in fat as other hummus recipes. We'll be making this again!Reply