Italian Hot Chocolate - Cioccolato Caldo
- Ready In:
- 5 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped (at least 70% cacao solids)
- 2 cups milk
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the cocoa powder, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of the milk,
- Heat until the sugar melts and no lumps remain, stirring well.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly; add the remaining milk.
- Turn off the heat, add the chopped chocolate, stirring until smooth.
Join The Conversation
Scrumptious! I enjoy hot cocoa most nights and was concerned because this one had quite a bit less sugar then what I normally make, but this was really yummy and very satisfying. I made as written using a good quality dark chocolate bar that was 80% cacao solids. You know I will be making this again. Thanks for the post.